Overview for Welch Allyn 68096 Standard (Lamp) Miller Laryngoscope Set with Case
Standard (Lamp) Miller Laryngoscope Set with Case
The Miller Laryngoscope Set featuresthe popular Miller straight blade that sports a "D" shape cross section which helps prevent dental trauma and allows intubation in patients with small oral openings. The curve begins 2 inches back from the tip for positive lifting action. The blade has a narrow tip for optimum manageability and the base of the blade is rounded to prevent pushing the tongue into the floor of the mouth.
The Standard Miller Set includes both of Welch Allyn's "AA" and "C" cell standard battery lightweight handles and lightweight blades for maximummaneuverability.
Blades are manufactured from one piece stainless steel, and the handles of chrome-plated brass, to assure a lifetime of performance. Handles feature a knurled finish for a comfortable and secure grip.
Included is Standard Miller Laryngoscope Model:
68096-StandardMiller Set Includes
- Standard Miller Blades #0, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Medium Handle uses C Cell Batteries
- Penlight Handle uses AA Batteries
- 05681-U Case
Welch Allyn's laryngoscope design uses a single piece of 304-series stainless steel as its load-bearing member.This one-piece construction of the Welch Allyn blade is more robust than the typical competitive product. Furthermore, its one-piece blade construction eliminates the potentially weaker soldered or brazed joint.
Welch Allyn's innovative design incorporates an easy-to-remove light pipe that eliminates the difficult-to cleanareas of most competitive laryngoscopes.
Removable Light Pipe
Another feature designed to help improve the cleaning of a Welch Allyn blade is its surface finish. Typicallaryngoscope finishes have a surface roughness of 32 in. The surface finish used on all Welch Allyn blades hasa roughness of just 8 in. This creates a surface texture that is approximately four times smoother thancompetitive blades, resulting in an easier-to-clean, stain-resistant laryngoscope blade. What's more, the surfacefinish is not a plating, and therefore does not alter the 304-series stainless steel construction of the blade itself.
More Value by Design
There are primarily two causes of reduced light transmission in fiber optic laryngoscopes: fiber opticbreakage and epoxy blockage. Light degradation caused by fiber optic breakage will occur in varyingdegrees in any laryngoscope that is subjected to severe changes in temperature.
- When a fiber optic laryngoscope is steam-sterilized, the heatinvolved causes the epoxy (used to hold the fibers in placewithin the fiber optic bundle) to expand and extrude pastthe end of the light pipe.
- The epoxy cools following the autoclave process andhardens over the optics, blocking light emissions from thosefibers. As more and more fibers are blocked, less and lesslight is emitted and the accuracy of the intubation processmay be jeopardized.
FREE Polishing Service
Welch Allyn's state-of-the-art blade design allows for the removable fiber optic light pipe to berepolished throughout the life of the blade. When the optics are repolished, occluding epoxy is removedfrom the input and output points of the fiber optic pipe. This restores the light transmission to itsoptimum level, thus increasing the overall life of the blade. A Welch Allyn light pipe can be repolishedthree times over its lifetime-and can then be replaced at a fraction of the cost of a complete blade.
Welch Allyn will provide this repolishing service free ofcost whenever it is needed over the life of the laryngoscope blades.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
This product has been refurbished and tested to the highest quality standards by The Alternative Source Medical, LLC. This Limited Warranty offered by The Alternative Source Medical, LLC covers defects in material or workmanship. This warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is nontransferable. The warranty begins the day the equipment is received. Please inspect your item(s) upon delivery. Any unauthorized service providers working on our equipment within the warranty period will void the warranty!
The Alternative Source Medical, LLC warrants this product against defects in material or workmanship as follows: A. The Alternative Source Medical, LLC will replace at no charge for parts only or, at its option,replace any product or part of the product that proves defective because of improper workmanship and/or material, under normal installation, use, service and maintenance. If The Alternative Source Medical, LLC is unable to provide a replacement and repair is not practical or cannot be made in a timely fashion, The Alternative Source Medical, LLC may elect to refund the purchase price in exchange for the return of the product.
Our warranty periods are 90 days parts and labor from the documented date of receipt. Extended warranties (up to 1 year from date of purchase) are available.
Our warranties do not cover any problem that is caused by: A. Conditions, malfunctions or damage not resulting from defects in material or workmanship. B. Conditions, malfunctions or damage resulting from (1) normal wear and tear, improper installation, improper maintenance, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or alteration.
Our limited warranties are void if a product is returned with removed, damaged or tampered labels or any alterations (including removal of any component or external cover).
The Alternative Source Medical, LLC will not provide any warranty coverage unless claims are made in compliance with all terms of the controlling warranty statement included with your product and you follow proper return procedure. To request warranty service, you will need to provide: 1. The invoice or other evidence of the date and place of purchase. 2. A description of the problem. 3. Contact our Customer Service Department to receive a Return Authorization Number (RMA#)
When warranty service is completed, any repaired or replacement product or part will be returned to you postage prepaid.
THE ALTERNATIVE SOURCE MEDICAL, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY).
The laws of the State of Illinois, USA, govern our warranties. It gives you specific legal rights, and you mayalso have other rights that vary from state to state. Our warranties do not affect any additional rights consumers have under laws in their jurisdictions governing the sale of consumer goods. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations or exclusions in our warranty statements may not apply. You may be required by law to give us a reasonable opportunity to correct or cure any failure to comply before you can bring any action in court against us under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
- Damaged freight needs to be reported within 48 hours to file a claim.
- No merchandise may be returned without prior written authorization by The Alternative Source Medical.
- No NEW merchandise may be returned unless authorization from manufacturer which could result in a restocking fee or no return at all, and customer is responsible for shipping expenses.
- Return period for products is thirty (30) days from delivery or otherwise agreed upon.
- The Alternative Source Medical will test returned products returned and can impose a customer fee if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product.
CREDIT AND RETURN SHIPPING GUIDELINES
- Order cancellations and returns are charged a 25% restocking fee.
- If the credit or return is The Alternative Source Medical Error, then 100% credit including shipping expenses will be credited.
- Unused goods in original packaging may receive an 75% credit, and customer is responsible for shipping expenses both ways unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Damaged goods will receive credit dependent on the condition of the product, and customer is responsible for shipping expenses.
- No credit will be issued if the item is non-returnable, such as a new product, custom or special order, or in the case that the item is damaged due to improper handling/packaging by the customer.
FREE SHIPPING ON $100 MINIMUM ORDER RESTRICTIONS
- Free shipping applies to qualifying orders over $100 or more
- Because of freight charges, we cannot offer free shipping on hospital beds, exam tables, procedure chairs, stretchers, C-Arms, and surgical tables
- Free shipping includes any FedEx, UPS, & USPS shipping but excludes any LTL freight delivery, liftgate service delivery, inside delivery, and white glove service.
- Free shipping includes all 48 contiguous US states, but excludes Hawaii and Alaska
WILL NOT DELIVER INSIDE TO RESIDENTIAL HOMES. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN MOVING COMPANY OR HELP. IF NOT, THE ITEM WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE DRIVEWAY.
Basic Shipping Charge is for dock to dock shipping and/or liftgate service shipping. The items shipping dock to dock and/or liftgate are skidded/palletized items. It doesn’t not include inside delivery.
Residential shipping charge is for customer’s needing delivery in a residential area.
Inside delivery is for customer’s needing their purchase delivered inside the building. There will be no other service allowed.
If you are needing white glove delivery, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.